Artist's Application Process
The birds are chirping and the daffodils are starting to bloom. The spring season is a great time to get inspired and start thinking about your Chairful Chair! Our annual fundraiser and temporary art installation of re-imagined chairs will be Friday, July 22 to Sunday, July 24th.
Check out our Facebook page – we post sightings of free available chairs around Arlington!
The deadline for applying to Chairful Where You Sit is June 30. Artists are asked to:
- review the FAQ on this site
- pay a $10 application fee online or by mailing a check
- choose whether to donate 100% of the sale cost ($100) or 50% ($50) to support APA's work
In addition, artists are asked to agree to the following conditions:
- I understand that my work will be exposed to the weather, and I will not hold APA responsible for damage, theft or vandalism.
- I understand that members of the public may be handling and/or sitting on my chair, and I will not hold APA responsible for damage or other problems that may occur.
- I will drop off my chair during Thursday drop-off hours, and will pick it up promptly at the end of the exhibition if it is unsold.
- I give APA permission to use photos of my work in any publicity to promote APA or Chairful Where You Sit.
The application form and payment information (for the application fee) may be found on the APA Blog.