Our annual fundraiser and temporary art installation of re-imagined chairs will be Saturday, June 16 from 12 to 4 pm, part of the annual Feast of the East in Capitol Square, Arlington MA.
Check out our Facebook page – we post sightings of free available chairs around Arlington!
The deadline for applying to Chairful Where You Sit is June 1, 2018.
- review the FAQ
- pay a $10 application fee
How do I submit?
Go to the donation page on the Town of Arlington's website. Click on "Make a Donation", click on "Donate", then scroll down to the "Public Art Fund" and fill out the form. Submit $10 with a credit card for each registration. (You may enter more than one chair, but each chair requires a $10 fee.) You will then receive an email from our staff to welcome you and send you further instructions about dropping off your completed chair.
You can also mail a $10 check made out to the Town of Arlington. Mail your check to Adria Arch, c/o Chairful Where You Sit, 41 Mary St., Arlington, MA 02474. Please include your full name, your address, a cell number and email address
You may choose whether to donate 100% of the sale or 75% and receive $25 if your chair sells.
As in previous years, there will be People's Choice Awards!
Artists are asked to agree to the following conditions:
- I understand that my work will be exposed to the weather, and I will not hold APA responsible for damage, theft or vandalism.
- I understand that members of the public may be handling and/or sitting on my chair, and I will not hold APA responsible for damage or other problems that may occur.
- I will drop off my chair during Sat. June 16 drop-off hours of 8 to 11 am, and will pick it up promptly at the end of the exhibition if it is unsold.
- I give APA permission to use photos of my work in any publicity to promote APA or Chairful Where You Sit.